Toll Free: 1-866-288-3285
Packing Boxes, Material And Packing Tips
Packing is one of the irritating tasks during the moving times which can’t be avoided. And while moving to a new location, your valuable belongings (often fragile) need a safe packing with packing boxes to avoid the occurrence of damage. The damage may occur at the time of loading, delivering and unloading. Surely, you don’t want to take any chances to experience such an awkward situation during the jolly moments of moving.
Types of Packing Boxes
- Wardrobe box will be equipped with a metal hanger bar to fit all your clothes from the closet.
- Picture Boxes are for the safe packaging of your memorabilia like framed pictures, artwork, framed family portraits, and posters.
- Corrugated carton box for the kitchen is suitable to store all the breakables in the box. Use these carton boxes to pack dinner set, dishes, and glassware.
- Medium box for heavy items is outlined to hold 1.75 cubic feet of household items.
- A large box is designed for small appliances and can hold 3.5 cubic feet of household items.
- An extra large moving boxes is designed for bulky items and can hold 4.8 cubic feet of household items.
Many moving companies provide a full-service moving services in which their experts pack all the belongings, load them on the truck, deliver them to the new location, unload and assemble them as per the manufacturer's instructions. Opting for such moving services offers you a peace of mind to sit back and relax. Also, check our article Hire-a-helper, Rent-a-truck, Do-it-yourself before you take a call with the moving service.
However, if you have chosen to do-it-yourself packing with the packing boxes, here are packing tips for you to utilize the medium efficiently.
- Accumulate the required packing materials like moving boxes, tape, scissors, bubble wrap, plain paper for enclosing fragile items, papers to line the moving boxes, colored markers, stickers to color-code boxes and ziplock bags to store nuts, bolts, screws, keys etc.,
- Make a moving checklist with a sequence to follow before packing the belongings. Create a category and list the items accordingly with the related category.
- Start the packing your belongings according to the list you prepared.
- Pack the non-essential things like used clothes or stored items in the garage at first.
- Make sure you place the heavier items at the bottom of the box and never pack a box with a weight which you can’t lift easily.
- Use small packing boxes for books and business files to pack and don’t forget to label them.
- Labeling style: Category of the box or with the number from the list, your name and your number on it.
- Take one room at one time and start packing according to the list you prepared. Stick the list of the item it contains on top of it for your easy to use purpose.
- Designate a color to each category/room on your list and color code those moving boxes. Coloring each box according to the room let your task easy to place those packing boxes straight into the assigned place after unloading.
- Pack your moving day essential box with kitchen items( coffee, tea, cups, a kettle, plates, utensils, and clothes), a torch, a first-aid kit, sealable plastic bags, toolkit, toilet papers, and toiletries.
Chosen The Packing Boxes? Get Free Movers Quotes Now
About to move? Whether you decided to hire Full Service Movers or Do-it-Yourself, MoverFolder is here to get you free movers quotes from best moving companies for all moving services.
Get Free Moving Quotes
Related Moving Articles