FREE Moving Quotes: 973-786-3595
Moving Brokers Vs Moving Companies
There are two different ways available in the moving industry to move your belongings from former location to the new location. Those two are moving brokers and moving company. Moving broker is a middleman who interconnects the moving person and the moving company. And the moving company deliver your belonging to the designated location.
- The middleman between the moving company and the movers.
- Moving brokers don’t own any movers and they don’t own any truck or moving equipment.
- Provides estimate for a move either on phone or on the internet by collecting a fee from the person who is moving.
- The benefit of going with the moving broker makes the hiring cheaper.
- Should be registered with the FMCSA.
- Should provide a list of companies they use to move.
- Should work with the movers that are registered with FMCSA.
- Should possess a written agreement with movers they work.
- These are companies which move your belongings from your former location.
- Moving company owns the delivery truck with required moving equipment and professional staff to assist.
- Moving companies drop a visit to your house to provide the most accurate estimation of your move.
- Basic valuation coverage will be available for free and one can choose higher valuation coverage with moving companies.
- The benefit of choosing a moving company over a broker will result in a reliable transportation.
- Whether it’s a broker or a mover, they should be registered with the FMCSA.
- Should provide an RFQ to the client while providing an estimation.
- Should maintain a good rating with Better Business Bureau.
- Should own a US DOT license to operate in intrastate.
Get Free Moving Quotes
Related Moving Tips