Toll Free: 1-866-288-3285
Difference Between Moving Brokers Vs Moving Companies
There are two different ways available in the moving industry to move your belongings from former location to the new location. Those two are moving brokers and moving companies. Moving broker is a middleman who interconnects the moving person and the moving company. And the moving companies deliver your belonging to the designated location.
- They are the middleman between the moving company and you.
- Moving brokers don’t own any of the moving companies and they don’t own any truck or moving equipment.
- Provides estimate for a move either on phone or on the internet by collecting a fee from the person who is moving.
- The benefit of going with the moving broker makes the hiring cheaper.
Requirements of a moving broker
- Should be registered with the FMCSA.
- Should provide a list of companies they use to move.
- Should work with the movers that are registered with FMCSA.
- Should possess a written agreement with moving companies they work.
- These are the companies which move your belongings from your former location.
- Moving companies owns the delivery truck with required moving equipment and professional staff to assist.
- Moving companies make a visit to your house to provide the most accurate estimation for your move.
- Basic valuation coverage will be available for free and one can choose higher valuation coverage with moving companies.
- The benefit of choosing a moving company over a broker will result in a reliable transportation.
- Whether it’s a broker or a mover, they should be registered with the FMCSA.
- Should provide an RFQ to the client while providing a moving estimation.
- Should maintain a good rating with Better Business Bureau.
- Should own a US DoT license to operate interstate moves.
Get Free Moving Quotes
Related Moving Tips