Toll Free: 1-866-288-3285
Local Moving Company Quotes - 5 Questions to Ask your Movers
Moving to a new place means you need to make many decisions in a very short amount of time. Right from searching for local or long distance movers to choosing the best moving company services, sometimes the number of things involved in moving can become overwhelming. The most important yet hardest decision is to choose the right moving company for the moving job. The only sure way to accomplish this task is to compare local moving company quotes and finding the best that fits in your personalized moving requirements.
However, with hundreds of local and long distance moving companies located in and around the state, it is difficult to differentiate between fraudulent and reliable movers. This is why it is important to compare local moving company quotes to analyze, get answers to all the questions and find who can handle your move easily before hiring your movers.
Here are a few questions that you need to ask before hirings:
1) Does your Moving Company Licensed & Insured?Do you think local moving quotes are useful only to understand how much do movers cost for a local move? While prices displayed on the quotes are important to learn their authenticity. So, to avoid scam and rogue movers, the first thing you need to do is make sure you are hiring a moving company that is properly licensed. Local moving companies are usually regulated by their State, however, there are some states that require the local movers to obtain the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDoT). License details of movers are usually included in the local moving quotes. If you don't find it, check their website or directly ask them to provide it.
Once you get this detail, cross-check at the USDoT website or with the specific agency mandated by your state. Also you can simplify this particular task by choosing Moversfolder.com to find the best local movers near you. Since all the moving companies listed here are licensed and insured, you would have peace of mind that the move is in good hands.
2) Do you have Experience with this Type of Move?While getting local moving companies quotes, make sure to provide all moving requirements to the movers. This way helps to know that you are getting the estimates only from the movers who offer all the moving services that you require. For example, in case you are moving to a high rise building in a big city, then enquire whether a moving company has experience with that type of move or not. Experienced movers are capable of handling every type of move and any last-minute emergency that might come their way during the move like no elevators or any parking restrictions. Learn more about how to choose a local mover.
3) What Kind of Liability Coverage will be Provided?Before handing over your belongings, you would certainly want to be sure that your belongings are covered in case of any mishappening during your move. Whether you are moving around the corner or to another city, check your local moving company quotes what kind of liability coverage the movers are offering. In addition to liability protection offers, you can also choose to get the third party moving insurance. Licensed movers are liable to provide you with two types of coverage options:
4) Ask to Provide Previously Served Customer References?You should not hire a moving company without checking their references. Before you hand over your belongings to a mover, always ask for references. When prompted, a moving company agent should provide you with all details you require from. Of course, it is also upon you to do your homework while you compare local moving company quotes. Ask your movers for hire to provide with the details of at least three previous customers.
This way you can be sure that the moving company is not handing you only their best references, and the information that you glean from their last three customers should be enough for you to decide whether the movers are reliable and competent or not. You also check the reviews and ratings of the moving company through any social platform or by visiting the BBB website. If the movers refuse to provide you references, consider it a red flag.
5) Ask, If Ready to Give Written & Binding Estimates?Beware of moving scams, make a wise decision, get a written contract agreement for your moving with the professional moving company. Don't proceed your moving with the movers who are not ready to provide you with written estimates of your moving costs. If the moving company asks you to sign an incomplete or blank moving document, then don't hand over your belongings to them and look for other movers. To make sure you are aware of additional charges at the end and to avoid the chances of becoming a victim of a moving scam.
Other questions that you need to ask movers after getting moving quotes include:
- How should I contact the driver during the day of moving?
- Are there any additional charges that I am unaware of?
- Do you have any refund or cancellation policy?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- How will you pack fragile items?
- How long will the move take?
Get Online Moving Estimates, Compare & Save!By visiting a reliable online moving portal like Moversfolder.com, you can easily get free moving quotes from reliable and trustworthy local moving companies near you. These quotes are completely free without any obligation from you, compare them at your convenience and find the best local movers that suits your moving needs along with saving 40% on moving costs.
Get Free Moving Quotes
Related Moving Tips