Toll Free: 1-866-288-3285
10 Important Tips for Moving to College
No matter whether you are moving to a college for the first time or you are returning after your holidays, the moving process is exciting but at the same time, it is stressful too. Fortunately, we are providing you with some important tips that will ease your moving process.
Moving to a college hostel room includes a long list of to-dos. Although every college has different rules and regulations for moving in and out. And there are multiple things that you can do to make your move smooth. The following 10 tips will ensure that your college room move goes on the right track.
1. Get a List of Essentials from College and Pack AccordinglyBefore your college begins, you will get a set of lists from your college, that will have all details about stuff you need to carry. Along with that, the college should provide you with a list of things that are already present in your hostel room to prevent you from over-packing. Usually, the hostel rooms come with a bed, mattress, table, chair and a cupboard. Yet, college should send you a list of essentials that you must bring while moving like laundry essentials, bed-sheets, bathroom essentials more. So before you start packing, you make sure you check out the list given by the college and then pack accordingly.
2. Call your Roommate to Discuss who will Bring WhatIf you are moving to a college room for the first time, you will probably have a contact number of your roommate. You can also request your college to provide you with all information about your roommate. Once you have detailed information about your partner, you can discuss with him about what to bring and what not to. This will lighten your load and will save you from the extra burden. It will make your moving experience stress free and easier. For example, if you are getting a doormat, you must inform your roommate about the same, so that he doesn't get the same.
3. Read your College’s Hostel’s GuidelinesBefore you move, make sure you read all guidelines provided by your college. Your college will give you plenty of information about how to move into a hostel room, and what to expect on the first day of your college. The details may include all important information like where you need to go on the first move-in day, how to register yourself into a hostel room and many more.
4. Get a Toolkit
5. Dress AppropriatelyMoving day is not meant for tight jeans, high heels or short dresses. While moving, you need to walk up and down many stairs, carrying heavy boxes and assembling your hostel room’s items, and so you would want to be comfortable while doing them. So it is always better to wear comfortable clothes on the move during the day. You must wear shoes with lightweight clothes to increase your efficiency and level of comfort.
6. Have Family Members or Friend to Help you on Moving Day
7. Utilize Laundry Bags, Bins and Vacuum BagsWhen you purchase cardboard boxes, you need to assemble them and then pack and it will require your time and effort, plus it is going to be for one-time use only. Instead, you must look for bins, laundry bags and vacuum bags as storage options.
8. Ship what you Cannot Fit in a CarYou must know that you should not bring everything on moving day. Your belongings like TV, extra pillows and other few things that you won't require on the first day can be moved later. All of the left out items may take a few weeks to reach you, but it is fine, those things are not needed immediately as you move.
9. Consider Self Storage for Seasonal ItemsAre you moving far from your home? Then you probably cannot visit your home frequently. If you do not have free space nearby to keep your seasonal items, then prefer to rent a storage facility near your college. Storage units will provide your enough space where you can store and retrieve the items as per your need.
10. Take Time to Meet your RoommatesIn the middle of a hectic moving process, it is normal that you forget about your new roommates, especially when you are busy saying bye to your parents. While this is not a good time to have long conversations with your parents, it is a good time to introduce yourself to your roommates and hall-mates.
Find More Useful and Cost Saving Moving Tips Here!Moving to a college is a challenging part of your life as you are going to leave your house and your parents for your career. But you can make your move easier if you follow the moving tips provided by Moversfolder.com, It is a right platform that will guide you best on how to make your move easier.
Learn more about cheap moving tips for college students that will give you peace of mind when moving and read top 10 tips for moving safely during COVID-19 informative article tips to make the process less stressful.
Get Free Moving Quotes
Related Moving Tips