Frequently Asked Questions On Cross Country Moving Quotes
When you are planning to move cross country, you probably don't want to leave anything to chance. You begin your hunt for the best cross country movers by getting multiple cross country moving quotes to compare them. But just looking at the numbers or reading the fine prints won't help you. You need to understand each and every aspect of the quotes. This is the only way to find the right movers and make sure you are not being duped by any movers scam. To get you started, here are a few frequently asked questions that will help you in understanding the moving company quotes better.
1) How Much Does it Cost to Move Across Country?The actual moving costs depend on several factors among which major 2 are the weight of your belongings to be moved and the moving distance. Before you obtain cross country moving quotes, the best way is to prepare your household moving inventory, determine additional required moving services to know how much does it cost to move across country.
2) How can I Schedule an On-site Survey?Just contact the cross country movers you are considering to hire, directly by phone or email. The moving company representative will set up a time to visit your home and figure out the details and logistics of your move. You can also choose to provide them with a virtual survey of your belongings and the movers will guide you about the right way to do it.
3) When Should I Fix an Appointment with Movers?Once you are sure about your move, it is advisable to contact movers as soon as possible. You can start by requesting cross country moving quotes using a reliable online platform i.e., Moversfolder.com (online moving portal for all your moving and storage companies’ needs). By planning your move early you can not only get the moving date(s) that you desire, but can also get the best deal too.
4) Does Moving Estimates Come for FREE?Yes, moving companies do not charge anything for providing moving estimates. With the help of moving estimates, the moving company provides their offers and allows customers to make their best decisions about hiring.
5) What do you Mean by Phone Estimates?Many people, especially in case of local moves, you may take the option of getting moving quotes over the phone. The moving agent will ask you a few important questions like the pickup and drop off locations, your moving date, size of the move and other things which are a must for moving quotes. Better, make an inventory list and write down all your moving requirements before calling the partial or full service movers.
Remember, any mistake in details on your part will cost you on moving day. Since this type of quote is not very accurate, it is advisable to not opt for this in case of a cross country moving. However, if your move is small or if you are moving only a certain few items and there is no harm in going for phone estimates.
6) What should I Expect from an In-Home Survey?The most common way of getting the accurate cross country moving quotes is opting for an in-home survey of your belongings. The moving estimator will inspect all your household items and understand all your moving requirements, and only then gives you the best way to move cross country options and provide you with written binding estimates.
During the visual inspection, make sure you show every nook and cranny to the moving company representative. If you are planning to sell or donate a few of your items, make sure to mark them properly and make the estimator aware of them. While it will be good that you personally join the estimator and explain all your moving details but if your schedule is busy, then many cross country movers accept virtual surveys too.
7) What is a Binding Estimate?With binding estimates, the movers cannot charge you more than the quoted price. Even if the final weight of your belongings is greater or lesser than estimated, you have to pay the fixed price on which you and your mover agreed upon.
8) What is the Non-Binding Estimate?Non-binding estimates, on the other hand, are not a bid or contract. This means your movers are not bound by the estimated amount. Your final bill will depend on the weight of your belongings, the distance of the move and any additional services that are required to finish the move.
However, you should note that the movers cannot charge you more than 110% of the quoted price. It is advisable to go for binding estimates when moving long distance across the country.
9) How to Check the Legitimacy of Moving Estimates?Moving across the country is not a simple and easy process, and there are scammers who will try to lure you in by offering you cheap cross country moving quotes. This is why it is important that you cross-check their license and insurance details along with online reviews and ratings while getting multiple moving companies quotes to compare services and rates. While comparing quotes, if you find any quote that is unusually high or unusually low compared to others, then you need to be wary of them.
Get Free Moving Quotes Online & Compare to Save!One of the simplest ways to reduce the moving cost is by comparing moving companies and conducting thorough research. You can accomplish both of these tasks with the help of Moversfolder.com, all you have to do is fill a simple quote request form and get free moving cross country moving quotes right in your inbox. All the movers in the Moversfolder.com network are pre-screened, licensed and insured so you don’t have to worry about their reliability.
Get Free Moving Quotes
Related Moving Tips