Moving is a very engaging activity. If you think, you will get up one day and decide to move the same day, it is not possible. Moving requires a lot of planning and research along with looking for the best local moving company for your move. These steps should not be ignored if you want a hassle-free move along with acquitting yourself with local moving company quotes.
Nowadays, every local moving company claims to be the best. But the challenge is to find the moving company which is better in all aspects. While moving costs should certainly be an important criterion, but you should also consider other important factors like the quality of the service offered. The first step towards researching the movers is by getting at least 2 or 3 local moving company quotes in your hand and then comparing them.
Importance of Obtaining Local Moving Company Quotes?
- When you have more than one moving quote in your hand it makes it easy to compare them and understand the various cost and moving services offered by different local movers.
- When you are getting free moving company quotes online from a reliable online moving platform like Moversfolder, it saves your time. Not only you don’t waste time by calling multiple movers, but you also gain the benefit of receiving quotes only from licensed and insured movers.
- Moving quotes allows you to set your moving budget and helps you focus on the financial constraints.
- Local moving company quotes aids in knowing the average moving cost chargeable by the local movers in your area.
Local movers charge on an hourly basis, which means moving time affects your moving costs. There are also many factors that determine the moving time. Here are a few points that help you in calculating your moving time.
Size of your Move
Many professional local movers consider the moving time based on the size of your move and distance to be covered. Usually, a local mover sends their two movers and a moving truck to finish a move. The average number of hours it takes to finish the moving process for:
- For one bedroom – 2 hours
- For two-bedroom – 4 hours
- For three and four bedrooms – 6 hours
- More than for bedrooms – 10 hours
This is an approximate timeline of moving, it does not include any packing and assembly or disassembly of furniture.
Moving Time is Also Based on the Following Factors:
- Number of belongings you want to move
- Size of the furniture you need to move to a new place
- Number of movers coming to handle your move
- Packing of your belongings
- In case any special item moving is required
- How many flights of stairs
- Size of the elevator
- Majorly the distance from your old place to the new place
- Weather condition
- If the way to your new place is good or bad to drive on
- Traffic matters a lot
- Travel fee, which is usually a time which the moving crews require to reach your place.
The above points would help you get a basic idea about how much do movers cost for a local move. Now, stop guessing and get free moving company quotes using Moversfolder (an online moving portal for all your moving & storage needs). Compare these quotes and choose the best deal without any obligation from you.